Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Introduction to Blue Collar Opinion

Who am I and why do you give a damn about my opinion?
I'm nobody and you shouldn't.
I'm just another unheard voice asking common sense questions and getting ridiculous answers.

I'm middle aged assuming I live to 90. I'm middle class, closer to lower than not.
I like to write, fight, drive, sail, read and watch TV and movies. Not necessarily in that order.
I've worked in Sales, Management, Sales Management, Customer Service, and in several trades. I've changed jobs far too often in my 'career'. I bore easily and do not get intimidated. That's not a good combination for the corporate world.
I completed high school with excellent grades, completed some college courses in Business and Marketing, and taken several Management, Time Management, Sales and Customer Service courses and seminars. I've also worked in several trades.
I enjoy my current job but it keeps me away from home 5 or 6 days per week on average so I miss my family. A lot. I find fatherhood difficult from a distance. It doesn't make me much of a husband either. On the other hand I'm gainfully employed at the moment, so I'm bucking the curve.
I spend a LOT of time listening to satellite radio. Frankly there isn't much else in the way of options. I listen to Howard Stern with Miserable Men and Jackie, BTLS, Fox News and HLN. I listen on rare occasion to Road Dog Trucking and CBC, but in all honesty they have such terrible programming that it just annoys me. Today on Road Dog they spent hours playing some kind of 'we can guess where you're from' game with callers. No, I didn't listen, but I tuned back in hour after hour to see how long they could drag that crap out. I've memorized most of the comedy channels. I also listen to several of the music stations, but like I said earlier, I bore easily.
I am not a right wing zealot. I'm not a left wing zealot. Like most regular people in North America I fall somewhere in the center. I find myself constantly amazed and disgusted by the stupidity I hear on the radio refering mostly of course to 'news' and information programming. I'm going to comment on things I hear. You can read, comment, commiserate, or ignore anything you like on this blog. If you don't like my opinion you are invited to state your case in the comments and/or leave. I don't care which you choose. If you are an extremist and/or a zealot and you're hoping to convert me, know this... people I know and/or care about have tried in the past and failed. You don't have a chance. On the other hand I don't pretend to be smarter or dumber than anyone else. If you have a valid opinion then please share it. I'm always looking for someone who can make sense of the idiocy and corruption that prevails.
I'm not a victim. I don't want to be a victim. I don't respect wannabe victims. We appear to have an entire culture of wannabe victims. So your ancestors got screwed over. I've got news for you. So did mine. My ancestors have done nothing for me, so I don't want to hear about what I owe you because my ancestors may have done something to yours. I had nothing to do with that and I don't acknowledge any inherited indebtedness to you. I have to make my way in the world with the tools I was handed just like you do.
If you're interested in the opinions of a regular Blue Collar worker out here trying to make a living and make sense of the world, come on back and check this blog out.
Politics, Laws, Stupidity and Zealotry. USA and Canada. It's all in the firing line.

No comments:

Post a Comment